8/2/22

July 2021

I was going to give up on this old blogging thing, but as I've been trying to catch up on some photo albums, I've realized how much I refer to this blog to jog my memory. So, I guess I'm going to try and update this for my own benefit.

After we dropped of Luke and his girls, we set off a few fireworks in our court.

Ava got to go to girls camp for one day.  Covid restrictions were just starting to soften, but the stake couldn't pull a week long camp together, so they did a 1 day camp. Ava LOVED it. I got to go up as one of the nurses, so I caught a few glimpses of her day.


Spent the rest of our school money on Maker Crates. This punch needle craft was one of the projects.

Temple trip for the YW.

We do a 4-mile walk around Maidu every Sunday, and Ava rode up ahead and sat in the tree while she waited for the walkers.
Noah spent a lot of time fishing in neighborhood ponds with his friend, Noah. Pretty sure they weren't supposed to be fishing at any of these ponds, but they never got caught. :)

Went to a huge farm and loaded up on veggies.

Some cool shots from our trail cameras at the cabin.



Noah and one of his crazy contraptions. Per usual for California, it was super smokey due to a fire.
The lake was super low this year, so boating was short lived and sporadic. On low water years, we take paddle boards and tubes down the river. There are a few really fun rapids.

Always looking for ways to teach them independence. They love ordering their own food and paying with my card. :)
Adam and I finally bought a 'real' bed after 20 years of marriage. We ordered it from the Amish in Pennsylvania. It's made with my favorite wood - walnut. I need to add something to the walls and get new bedding. It might take another 20 years, but at least we have a pretty bed now.
Noah went on Trek and absolutely loved it. He said it was the best experience of his life. :)  This boy could live in the woods and be completely happy. Before/Clean



 
After/Filthy

 

Another Maker Crate in the books.

Ava likes to practice driving in the school parking lot. She thinks she's really cool.

 

No comments: