7/8/08

4th of July

We started off the day at our ward/neighborhood breakfast and parade celebration. All the kids decorate their bikes and we walk around a couple of blocks. We all finish with a waterfight and popsicles. Later that afternoon we decided to take a journey to Antelope Island. It was stinky and not very pretty, but we did see a bison. At least we can say we've been there, right?! Noah and I swam in the pool while Adam cooked us some awesome steaks for dinner. And finally, we climbed on the roof and watched the fireworks from the U stadium. (actually we watched the fireworks on July 3rd) All-in-all it was a fun 4th of July.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Good times, that's cool you can see the fireworks from your roof. Looks like quite the tube, so fun!

Anonymous said...

You shoulda dropped by Deb's new house. She lives like a mile from antelope island. They just finished building it and moved in in March. Also they're starting their MAPP classes for foster care today.

mammasweet said...

You sure look happy. I wish I could come up and go along on the Flaming Gorge trip. I will be up on the wedding days - hope you have room for Gublers, Yangs, Eli and I. I'll keep exercising every morning so I can pull out on my ski before it gets cold again.

Janalee said...

Holidays are fun - did Noah love the fireworks? He looks so big with his new do! I want to come and play with you when Marv is in town - hope I recognize the kid:)

bethany said...

I personally love the one of adam and leah lounging around in the tent while you were inevitably cooking dinner, watching noah, and holding the boat on the sand.