6/7/11

Mud and Food

As I mentioned previously, the weather has been so weird lately.  It's been raining a ton.  We even had a day with tornado warnings and a crazy hail storm.  Anyway,  the kids took advantage of a break in the rain and headed outside.  We still have a few spots that hasn't gotten any love from us, so it turns into mud.  Of course, the kids gravitate to those spots.  I let Noah and Ava outside (fully clothed too) and when I went out a few minutes later, this is how I found Ava - buck naked, covered in mud and a few handfuls in the mouth.  




She does clean up pretty darn cute, wouldn't you say?!  If I don't pull her hair back she always gets this one big curl right in the middle of her forehead.   I saw that curl and I thought of this poem - describes my Ava to a T. 
There was a little girl,
     Who had a little curl,
 Right in the middle of her forehead.
     When she was good,
     She was very good indeed,
 But when she was bad she was horrid.
-- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


My cucumber boy.  This little dude LOVES cucumbers.  He likes to cut the ends off by himself, and then chow down. 

He eats at least one big cucumber a day.  When Grant sees a cucumber he calls them Noah. 

My first harvest from the garden.  I realize radishes are pretty easy to grow, but it's still exciting to get some produce from your own yard. 

We made chicken noodle soup the other day, and we made home made noodles.  Noah was my little helper, and loved hanging up the noodles to dry. 

The babies, on the other hand, are NOT much help.  Ava kept climbing on the counter and getting flour all over, and Grant kept trying to grab the dough to eat it.  The soup turned out great regardless. 


2 comments:

-Kyle and Emily- said...

The food fight looks so fun, aside from Noah bawling!

mommaquincy said...

Yum! I haven't made homemade noodles for years!