1/3/13

My date with Noah

Mary and Min spent a week in San Fran for work, and they invited us to go to the Nutcracker with them.  I really wanted to see it, since it's been a really long time since I had been to the Nutcracker, so Noah and I went on a little date. 
Noah chillin' at the hotel.
 
I did make Noah go to a fabric store with me.  San Fran has great fabric stores.  JoAnne's is such a rip off.  Sacramento really doesn't have a ton of options either. Noah did find some leather samples that looked like snake skin that the lady gave to him, so he was content for a few minutes while I browsed. 
 
Our hotel was right around the corner from the theater, but unfortunately we were trying to find a restaurant and got a bit lost, so it was further than planned to get there.  At least it was a short walk after the ballet.  I have to admit I was a bit scared too, walking down Market Street late at night.  It's pretty sketchy. I was planning to take Noah to find some good seafood, but since I couldn't find the restaurant, we ended up at Panda Express.  Noah didn't seem to mind, he was happy when he discovered he got a free cookie. :)
Noah standing in front of the city building.  It looked really cool with the red and green lights. 
 
Noah after the ballet.  He actually enjoyed it.  I was a little nervous he would get restless.  His favorite part was the mouse king and soldier battle, of course. It was a really good Nutcracker.  Made me miss my ballet days. 
(I thought the camera on my phone was pretty good, but they don't look that great on the blog. Hum?)
After the ballet, we hit up Starbucks for a brownie and hot chocolate.  The next morning Noah picked doughnuts for breakfast (not a healthy trip).  He kept telling me, "I can't believe I get to stay up late and eat brownies.  I can't believe I get doughnuts for breakfast."  He told me on the way home that he had a lot of fun.  It was really nice to spend some one on one time with my big boy.

3 comments:

Ty * April said...

How fun...and daring of you! I bet Noah loved the one on one time too. My girls would love something like this. That last night at disneyland when Ty took the boys back to the hotel and left me with the girls we had so much fun! We are definitely going to have to do something like this.

bethany said...

I would like to date you too. One on one please. See if you can carve out some time.

Mary said...

Lucky Noah! Mom all to himself for a day! We're glad you came down and even more pleased that you stopped off at our house to play a bit on your way home. Min said that you left the ballet before the crowd--no wonder Market Street was scary! Stay with the crowd Summer! Then, if you're going to be murdered you'll at least be in good company:) However, from the recent news I think I'd be more scared of spending an evening in Old Sac.