10/4/19

July

 The Gubler family came to visit.  We love when family comes to visit. As always the kids lived like royalty.
 Rope swinging
 Bridge jumping
 Swimming
 Boating
 Sleepovers
 Story time.....and so much more.  Lots of fun with the Gub's.
 After we sent the Gubler's home, we set off some fireworks in our court.
 Lots of pyro-happy boys.


 
Adam took his priests to the cabin for high adventure, so the kids and I went on more adventures.
 One of our adventures was to Placerville.  We walked around the cute little town and got lunch and ice cream.
 Then we went to the Gold Bug mine.
 Inside the mine.
 Another adventure to Upper Clementine River.
The kids love it here.  They cliff jump, go down the little rapids and play in the crystal clear water. 
  
Stopped at Taylor's for a shake on the way home. 
 Caught this bear on our camera at the cabin.  At one point we had to yell at him to go away because he was getting a little to friendly with the boat.
 One of my harvest days.  So much produce this year.  Always a good problem to have.
 Hosted a baby shower for my friend who was (she just had them) having twin girls.  Those chocolate cheesecake bars were AMAZING.  I need to get caught up on my recipe blog someday. :/ I'll put it here for now. 
 I was getting really nervous when all the RSVP's were coming in.  I didn't know how I was going to fit everyone, but everyone seemed to find somewhere to go.  I think we had over 50 people there.  It was a fun shower.
 We did salads, rolls, fruit and desserts.  I made the rolls, a salad and most of the desserts.
 I have TONS of syrup for our shaved ice machine, so I set up an Italian Soda station on the outside kitchen. 
 More creative summer shenanigans (marble run).
 A friend of ours gave us two of these fun hanging chairs.  The kids spend a lot of time on them.  
On the rare chance we are in town and don't have something on the calendar, we rotate taking the kids on dates on Friday nights.  We're so booked I kept forgetting whose turn it was, so I've been trying to take pictures on our dates.  This time Ava picked dinner and then a zip-line ride at Quarry Ponds.

 More creative fun - Noah's blanket hammock with karate belts as the rope.  Oh dear!
 More bears at the cabin.  This time a momma and 2 little cubs.  The cubs are so cute!!
 Met up with some friends at Clark's swimming hole to cliff jump and play in the American river.
Our friend does videos of their adventures, so here's a video of Clark's swimming hole. Click on the link to view it: Clark's swimming hole video
 Pepper box.  So many peppers!!


 July garden.
 Planted this hibiscus plant this summer.  The flowers are so pretty and huge.
 Tried some dahlias this year too.  They did OK.  Need to change their location next year.
 More produce.
 Why did I plant 3 zucchini plants?!!  Next year only plant 1!!
 Took the kids to Top Golf.  They loved it. Reminded me of taking golfing lessons when I was little. 
 I think they liked ordering food and sitting in the booths the most.
 More creative fun.  I have to say creative fun so the mess doesn't drive me crazy.  Noah and Grant made bow and arrows (they didn't work). :/
 Ava pretty much reads all day.  She read EVERY Rick Riordan book this summer.  I think 20+ books.
 Sleeping in their 'creative fun' forts. 

 Canned lots of tomatoes, marinara sauce and relish.

 Trying to fish at the cabin.
 Primary swimming party for Ava and Grant.
 Scout ceremony. 
Lots and lots of BLT's this summer.  I'm not sure what happens to me in the summer, but I LOATHE going grocery shopping in the summer, any season really.  Luckily we had a good producing garden because I rarely went to the store this summer (seriously, probably twice a month).  
Busy and fun filled month of July!! Again, the weather this month was incredible; unseasonably cool.  This meant we spent most of our time outside, which is how I love it. August turned out to be our hot month this year.  If every year the weather was like this it would be incredible. 

No comments: