8/17/20

June

Finally got to go pick up Ava and Grant's desk contents from the school. Such a strange year.  Kind of sad Ava missed her Elementary graduation and party.  She doesn't seem to mind that much.
Ava turned 11!!  My babies are growing up. 
She requested a llama cake.
I really don't love friend birthday parties (mainly because of all the extra presents - I know, mean mom), so we rarely (as in never) have them.  I told her she could invite some friends over to swim, so the night before we sent a text to their moms and invited them over to swim.  We didn't tell anyone it was her birthday.  Ava was thrilled to have friends over and no one felt pressure to go buy a present. It was great.  The girls loved the surprise when they realized it was Ava's birthday and they got cake and ice cream along with lunch and swimming.
She got a slip 'n' slide for her birthday and everyone LOVED it.  It killed our grass, but they played on it for 3+ hours.
Mother's day the kids all made me cards.  Noah did this magnifying glass/sun 'card'.
Grant spent a lot of time on this shadow card (couldn't get the camera to pick up the shadow) - he made a cityscape that illuminated on the wall when it was dark.  Ava made me a very colorful, sweet card that I thought I had a picture of, but I guess I don't.
These two read ALL DAY LONG.  I don't get it, but I guess they enjoy it.  It could be worse, right?!
We took a day trip (from the cabin) to Burney falls.  I guess everyone else thought this was a safe Covid activity too because it was crowded.  As we were leaving they were turning people away because the park was full (I felt bad for those people because this is a park in the middle of nowhere and I'm sure they drove all day to get there).
It really is a beautiful waterfall.  Noah and Grant were terribly annoying on the drive so they had to stay in the car while Adam, Ava and I went to see it.


The boys are almost done with their little cabin. 
Grant made a feather display for all their feathers (a few of those are bald eagle feathers).

I took the kids to the Sundial bridge while Adam was doing some work in Redding.

Met some friends at Folsom for a day of swimming and playing.

Grant made a truck out of hot glue and tongue depressors.
 We are doing an alphabet geography curriculum and each lesson has a recipe to try.  A was for Australia, so we tried our hand at Pavlovas.  Loved them.

No comments: