8/2/10

DUKTAK

I forgot to post about the awesome "welcome to California presents" the kids got from Mary (she makes me slightly nauseous with how dang talented she is). She made Ava a cute doll, Grant some soft toys and Noah this AWESOME quilt. (sorry no pictures of Ava's and Grant's toys - they're in the car and I'm too lazy to go get them) It is a quilt for his cars to drive on and find the different attractions that we will be frequenting (i.e. zoo, Costco, the Yangs, our house, the temple, the lake, the river, school and Adam's work).
Noah painting on the windows with these cool markers. Another way to get him to practice his letters, and for me to practice my artistry (Noah mainly likes to sit back and tell me what to color).
More dress-up pictures. Noah likes to squeeze Grant's cheeks to get him to smile, which actually makes him sad. (sorry Kyle, until I/someone else makes Noah some boy dress-up clothes this is all we have to work with) If it makes you feel any better he fights like a boy and fishes like a boy while wearing this cute vest. I found this picture of Me, Melissa and April wearing those costumes when we were little.
We've been growing teeth this past week. I should give credit where credit is due - Ava and Grant have been growing teeth. Ava got 2 teeth and almost a third, and Grant got 2 as well. We've been house hunting, so we've been driving all over the place. At least now I have a better idea of areas I would like to live. Sooooooo...... that's what we've been up to lately.
I think it will be fun to give you a little tidbit of info about California (my perspective of things, history, fact, etc.) on each post. We'll call it DUKTAC (Did U Know This About California). DUKTAC #1: We'll keep it simple for the first one (mainly for Rachelle who didn't even know this). Sacramento is the capital of California. There you go, Rachelle, next time you will know this for the test.

7 comments:

mammasweet said...

...and Sacramento has a fine international airport. I'm still looking for Adam's clogging outfits. I know I have them somewhere.....

Melissa Scott said...

def one of my favorite pics of your kids! Since Connie mentioned it, i think you need to post a clogging pic of Adam.

The Lemmon's said...

I am so impressed with your blog. So many posts and updates! Thanks for informing us of all your adventures and cute kids! Hope you find the perfect house and enjoy the area.

Anonymous said...

eh hemm.......A- I didn't wanna work in that claustropheobic, creatively-stifling hell hole any way!!! B- San Francisco would make a way better capitol anyway! C- often in the classroom they tell you to ask questions because many people probably have that same question....So, you're welcome everyone else, you don't have to be the one to ask because I did it for you. Sacramento is the capitOl. It's capitol by the way, not capital.;) Look at me also educating.

Ty * April said...

We have window crayons. i think I will need to get some window Markers. i bet they wash off better. I didn't know you could draw so well.

The kids are so darn cute. I love Ava's personality. It is so good that you got one like that. :) May be someone can give me a little sympathy now. ha ha

p.s. whatever Rachelle tells you don't let her fool you. She LOVES office work.

Mary said...

The old tutu picture is a classic. I must have been in Melissa's class b/c I have the same heart thing with ridiculous hair piece. I think you guys need more girls to fill the dance costumes.

mommaquincy said...

Grant in the tutu is pretty fun, too! And I am very impressed with the quilt! We should all move to California so Mary will make us quilts!!