3/29/11

Real Panties - Not Granty Panty


There's just something about toddlers in panties.  Little miss Ava has been interested in the potty for quite some time now.  I'm in denial - she's not even 2!! I don't have the emotional or physical strength for potty training right now.   She hates wearing diapers these days, so I put her in some panties yesterday and today.  She loves them.  I haven't been very diligent in the training aspect (I force her to put the diaper back on when I'm sick of running her to the bathroom), but she's actually done really well.  I might just have to swallow my pride (if that's what is holding me back) and start the potty training process.  




The kids have been working on a special project. We can't show you what it is yet, but this is what they all look like afterward.  I'm sure if you call Noah he'll spill the beans without hesitation.  He loves the IDEA of a secret, but absolutely can't keep one.  
I tell myself, probably daily, that I need to keep a journal.  Yeah, I realize this blog is a great journal, but I still don't put some of my thoughts and feelings, or things the kids are doing on here.  So, until I actually act upon my promptings to start a journal, I'll keep boring you with more text.  
Things my kid's are saying right now:
Noah -  He always walks up to Grant or Ava, and while he strokes their cheeks says, "Grant is so soft like mustard." Huh?!  Funny kid.  
Noah is big in to knowing what day of the week it is.  He knows that Sunday is church, Tuesday and Thursday are school, Saturday is the day daddy stays home, etc.   EVERY morning he comes in to me and says, "Mom, is today school?  Is it church?  Is it swimming lessons?"  and if all those are No, then he says with a huge grin, "do we just get to stay home and play?"  Crazy thing is that we really don't go anywhere, he just loves to play at home.  We really have to decide if we want to tell him things like, Charlotte's coming over on Friday, or we're going to Henry's on Thursday, because he'll ask a million times a day when that day is going to come.   He's such a fun little boy.  I love to watch him get excited about things.  

Ava - says "Granty, Noah, Mommy, Daddy, pee pee, pease (please), Ooooh baby, pretty, cute, no-no-no-no, uh-oh, want that, let's go, tank you (thank you)"  She's just recently started repeating words in prayers.  She can repeat a lot of words when prompted to.  My favorite thing she does right now is she loves to get a music book (or hymn book when we're at church) and open in up and start singing.  At church she gets pretty loud.  It's so darn cute.

Grant - says "Noah, Mommy, Daddy, go, no-no-no (says this while he is throwing his food on the floor), uh-oh, tank you (thank you), get down (he says this after he is on top of something and knows he's not supposed to be there), slide, peas (please), no mine, baby"  Most of all he can squeal at intervals that pierce your ear drums.  Most of the time it's for good reason (Ava is taking away his toys), but still, it's so LOUD.   Yesterday the kids were playing on the slide in the living room and all of a sudden Ava came over crying really hard.  I thought it was because Grant was at the bottom of the slide and wouldn't let her go down.  She kept rubbing her leg and when I looked down, I realized Grant bit her really hard (she still has marks).  That little fart!!  He got a spanking and put in time out.  Funny thing is that he knows where time out is, and he stayed. Of course, after a few seconds he thought he was really funny and started to laugh.  He's my little joker. :)  

6 comments:

The Yoder's Five said...

Your kids are so stinking cute. I can't believe Grant is talking so much already! Luke can't (or won't) say a single word! Good luck with potty training....

-Kyle and Emily- said...

ARe you pregnant? My ears still hurt from Grant.
Kdiddy dirty money

Summer said...

No, I'm not pregnant. It's a present for Adam's birthday. Noah couldn't stand it, the minute Adam walked in the door he was telling him all about it. He even showed him where we were hiding it.

Ty * April said...

Dang, I was going to second Kyle's comment.:) Oh well.I do have to say that toddler bums in panties are the cutest! I have bunch of the thicker training panties if you want some. they are even pink. That way if she pees in them it absorbs alittle more than the others. less to clean up.

mammasweet said...

Can I just say that this is a great journal, as far as I know. You print it out at the end of the year with pictures and comments! Way better journaling than I did when I had three little kids.

mommaquincy said...

They are so cute! I can't believe how much they have grown up! I put out Easter decorations to day and thought about Noah when I put out the baskets of wooden eggs he liked to play with!