8/16/11

More Recipes

I put this under sides, because I consider 'Jello-ish' things as side dishes.  Adam said it should be a dessert.  Granted, there are more dessert type ingredients than there are sides, but hey, if it's a side then you can still have another dessert afterward, right?!  
I love this picture.  Reminds me of my childhood, when we were stirring jam for hours and hours.  :)  Just kidding, mom.....well sort of just kidding. 

Can't have pumpkin pancakes without this jam, so I was so happy to get 30 pints canned for the coming months. 
Our garden is producing lots of yummy veggies, so I whipped this up the other night and it was so good.  I love fresh produce - especially home grown produce.
Another recipe to use up some of those zucchinis growing in your yard.   If your kids don't like zucchini, then disguise them in this yummy bread with lots of chocolate chips.  The health factor of the zucchini isn't zeroed out with the chocolate chips is it?  I say no.......so that's why I ate an entire loaf by myself.  

I promise the next post will not have a recipe in it - just the kids.  I know that's the main reason you all come to check this out.  We went camping last weekend, so I do have some great pictures coming.  




2 comments:

mammasweet said...

Rob totally agrees with you about the jam and pancakes. Do you have a good open kettle recipe for salsa? I want it to be less salty and fresher tasting than my old recipe.

Summer said...

Con,
I am going to try this (copy and paste link below) recipe sometime in the next few weeks (now that I'm getting more tomatoes than we can consume).
If you try it before I get around to it, let me know what you think. I like roasted garlic, so I thought this looked really yummy.

http://sacramentogardening.blogspot.com/2008/09/roasted-garlic-and-heirloom-tomato.html