11/20/11

Happy Thanksgiving

 Our primary had their sacrament meeting program last week and we were anxious to see if Noah would participate this year.  Last year he wouldn't even go on the stand and cried in the hall the whole time.  We were so proud of him - he stayed on the stage the entire time, sang some of the songs and said his part.  He still struggles a little when we drop him off at preschool or primary, but he's getting braver and braver everyday. 
 His part, "Jesus Christ made the earth for me.  He made it beautiful because He loves me."  He memorized it and said it great at home, but he made the leaders help him when he got on the stand.  Oh well, at least he said it.
 The babies making their masterpiece.  
 We've made some progress on the boys' room.  I finished plastering, sanding and cleaning the walls.  We painted the closet, got the doors ordered, and got the shelves in the closet.  Now we just need to paint the walls and build the beds.  Hopefully we'll be done by Christmas.
 Adam makes a great horse. 

Our "Be Thankful" item for this year is this turkey.  Last year we did a tree and added leaves everyday (I thought I had a post about it, but I can't find it).  I saw this idea in a Parent magazine.  A magazine, oh those are blogs on paper - just in case you don't remember.  Adam usually comes up with something sarcastic every night, and Noah says the same thing every night, "I'm thankful for thankful", and then he takes his second answer - toilet paper (what his dad said the first night).  Anyway, we are so thankful for this season and especially each other.  Have a good THANKSGIVING. 
They had a photo booth at our ward fall festival, so this is our most recent family picture.  Sad to say the only other family picture we have besides this is when Noah was 1.  Maybe we'll remedy this problem soon. 

3 comments:

The Yoder's Five said...

Cute family pic!! Oh, the Primary program.....that is a cute thing they did with all the pictures of the kids!

You know how to plaster walls?!? Of course you do. Can't wait to see the end result!!

ellisgomez said...

I love it! I have been kicked off your blog for the past month and a half for some dumb reason - and I was so happy that it let me on tonight! So cute...:) I love your pictures.Yipee!

mommaquincy said...

I live the thankful turkey idea! So Adam is the rebel? Hard to imagine! I love this family photo!