8/4/17

May

 My vacuum broke (Grant sucked up a paperclip, I think) so I took it to the repairman and he said it would cost me $350 to repair.  NO THANK YOU!! I decided to take it apart and see if I could repair it myself.  Sure enough, there was a broken motor PIECE (not the entire motor like he said).  Ordered it for $15 and repaired it.  I hate shady repairman. Glad I'm not afraid to take things apart either.  Kind of cool to see how it all works.  
 Helped one of our favorite babies turn 1.  We love baby Cooper. 
 Mormon helping hands.  Serving is so much more fun when we get to do it with friends. 
 Noah had a cello concert and did a great job.  He's getting pretty good on that cello.  
 April and May were pretty much consumed by baseball.  We had a practice or game pretty much every day.  The weather this spring was pretty much incredible, so we only had 1 game that was too hot. 
 Noah won an award running the most laps during their jog-a-thon for 4th grade (top 1%, I think?)
 Went on a field trip with Grant's 1st grade class to the hamburger farm (it's the pumpkin farm in the fall).  They got to play on all the toys and then do a tour of the hamburger farm.  They grow the wheat, tomatoes, lettuce, eggs, meat, etc. that make a hamburger.  Afterward we got a hamburger lunch. 
 The boys went on their father and sons camp out, so Ava and I decided to get a room in Tahoe.  It was FREEZING, so we really only ventured out for meals. :)  We tried to do a hike but the trail was covered in snow.  We were in water shoes - it was middle of May and warm at home, so we thought it would be about the same up there. Nope. :)
 Adam's newest purchase - a water mat.  I told him no for a few weeks and he somehow came home with one in his truck. Hmmm.....  with all the visitors we've had at the cabin this summer it's actually been a great purchase. ;)
 We love this lake.  It's so pretty.
 Noah had a great baseball season too.  On this particular day he hit a home run (home run by error).  He was so excited about it.  His team lost A LOT, but they won one of the playoff games, so they actually made it further than some of the winning teams. Ha!!  Guess it's not how many you win, but WHICH game you win. :)
 Field trip with Ava's 2nd grade class to the Utility center/library.  Kind of a boring field trip they do for 2nd grade, but the kids don't really care since they get to do something besides school. 
 Noah earned his Arrow of Light award in May.  I've been released from this calling for a long time now, but they wanted me to keep making the plaques.  I told them after May I was done making them (they take a long time to make), so a ton of the boys hurried up and finished their requirements. :/  I ended up doing about 10 plaques in 2 months.  Ugh, so many hours of work.  Glad to be done with those.  
I just realized Adam has all the Arrow of Light pictures on his phone.  Noah's not too formal with his uniform. We did race right from Grant's final baseball game and party directly to the church, so I'll blame it on that (although this is about what he looks like at each pack meeting).  I pick my battles. 
 Grant's a good little ball player.  He was on a team with quite a few of our friends, so it was fun to see everyone at the practices and games. 

We were so excited to have Kyle, Emily and their boys come visit.  They got to watch Noah get his Arrow of Light, played/swam at our house and then we took them to the cabin.  
 We took them to a few of our favorite places up there and had a great time.  
 Behind the waterfall.
 Jack being super reverent during church.  Ha.  I think I have a teeny tiny idea what it will be like to be a grandma - watch all the shenanigans that the kids do, laugh at them and realize it's not my responsibility to punish or teach them, and then reward their bad behavior with a treat. :)  It was so fun seeing what trouble this boy causes his parents. 

 Hiked to this awesome natural water slide that our neighbors told us about.  
Since this time, we've been here probably 5 more times. 
 Looks nothing like the rest of the lake. 
Noah had a gold rush play.  
Funny/slightly scary story: A couple days before this picture was taken I got a call from the office, about 10 minutes before school was to let out, telling me that I needed to get to the school right away.  The secretary said Noah was at practice and passed out and fell off the rafters.  She said they wheeled him to the office and I needed to come right away.  I hung up the phone and drove there as quickly as I could, all the while worst case scenarios running through my mind.  Of course I couldn't even get into the parking lot because it was pick up time, so I had to go to the back and run through the field and to the office.  As I was running a few of his friends come running up to me telling me "Noah passed out! Noah passed out!".  When I got to the office he was in the wheelchair with a bag of ice on his head.  I looked him over and he seemed fine.  When I realized he was OK I asked him what happened and he said he started feeling dizzy and then fainted.  What?!!!  That was it.  The teacher said he locked his knees and fainted.  He was on the top rafter, but luckily he fell forward and the kids in front of him cushioned his fall (they didn't get hurt).  Glad he didn't fall backwards.  Anyway, I was obviously relieved that he just fainted from locking his knees and not from something else.  The secretary was super scared and nervous, but I told her I was a nurse and he would be fine and I would keep an eye on him.  He came home and went immediately to the pool. :)  He was the talk of the school afterward though.  Kyle and Emily were in town, so he missed school the next day, which I think made them nervous.  We were at the cabin, so I didn't get any of their messages until after we got back either. Ha!!!


No comments: