4/17/18

March

 Ava's been a roller coaster of emotions (seriously, I hope I survive this girl and her fluctuating hormones - at least that's what I'm blaming the hi's and low's on) lately and has been a little down, so we decided she needed some one on one time.  Here daddy happen to be available that night and took her out on the town.  I was thinking an ice cream date or something, but he really spoiled her and took her to the mall (which she claims she's never been to) and let her ride the ferris wheel, get ice cream and went to build-a-bear and made a bunny.   She was so happy!!
 We've started baseball so our nights and weekends are CONSUMED by the sport.  I hate how busy it makes us, but I do love watching them play.   Almost all of our preseason games and many practices have been cancelled though due to the rain. 
 First hike with my hiking friends since my sprained ankle.  4 months later and it's still giving me fits sometimes. Man, getting old is for the birds!!
 We NEEDED to replaster our pool this year (it's been in need for years now), so we took the plunge and started the backyard re-haul.  We realized we're probably not going anywhere for a few years, so we might as well do what we want with it.  It been a month since we started and it already looks SOOO different. I'll post after pictures when it's closer to getting done. 
 Doing my annual house dump (going room by room and getting rid of all the excess) and found Adam's old clogging outfit (we kept this for posterity sake). 
 Pioneer ninja turtle with a side of clogging. :)
 Awful picture, but he kept moving.  Grant's first pinewood derby.  He designed and helped build his car.  He won a few races, but didn't place.  He was a good sport about it and had fun racing. 

 Uncovering snakes during demo of the backyard.  
 We hired this project out, which has been so nice, but hard for me to stay away.  I sometimes just watch out the window and want to go help (mainly make sure they're doing it right). :)  Luckily the guy we hired has been really good (finally a decent contractor).  
 Adam took his CFP exam and PASSED!!  He's been taking classes for over a year and has been studying like crazy.  We're ALL so happy it's over and so proud of him. 
 Grant helping me make jam. 
 Day trip to the beach for Spring break. 




 The kids played for about 7 hours non stop and loved every second.  Not a single fight or complaint.  Amazing how the beach can do that.  Saw female and male nudity (ugh), played in the freezing cold water (not me, just the kids), collected 'treasures' and had a blast. 
Day after the beach we headed to Shasta for conference weekend. 

1 comment:

ateaspoonofsugar said...

do you love your hot plate thing you are making jam on? Kyle wants one for our house badly. Also, its been ages since I've looked at your blog. I miss your face like crazy.