7/3/18

May


 Fort day for Grant's class (his teacher sent me this picture).  May was absolutely crazy busy.  Baseball, baseball, baseball and all the end of the year stuff (why do they save everything for the end of the year???!!)
 Taught an enrichment meeting on gardening.  I always feel so inadequate to teach these meetings, but then I realize most of these ladies don't even know how to plant a plant in the ground, so I realize any information is better than nothing. 
 Not the greatest pictures, but Ava and I had a fun night while the boys were at Father's and Sons.  We went and got a pedicure (Ava's first) and had a sushi dinner. 
 My phone still has a squiggly line in all the pictures because Noah shown his laser light directly into my camera. 😠  I stopped taking pictures for awhile because they never turned out.  About a month later I decided to try and replace the camera instead of having to replace the entire phone.  It worked. 

 Mother's day walk with the fam.  Love that my boys will hold our hands still. 
 Noah in his happy place - exploring in the creek. 
 Went with Noah on his field trip to the Rhoades School house.  They spent the school day like it was in 1890.  It was fun.....and funny.  The teacher treated them just like they did back then - boys and girls separated, fingernail inspections, K-12 grades together, she treated the girls like they didn't need education, pretty mean to the boys, etc.  The kids had to have old fashioned names they went by, so Noah was John.  Funny thing was there was a Noah, but my Noah had to have a different name.  They did a spelling bee and Noah was 2nd for the boys. 

 The boys and I went to the Mother son sports night somewhere around this time, but I obviously didn't take any pictures. 
 FHE on tying a tie. 

 Living their best lives.......and they have no idea how awesome it is.  Spent a few days at the cabin over Memorial Day weekend. 
 Backyard progress - both awnings built and roofed (our contractor wanted to make them different heights to play off all the roof heights on the house and make the kitchen a little more intimate), Travertine deck all done, pool filled and swim-able, Adam and I started trenching and laying the new sprinkler lines and the outdoor kitchen is getting built.  
 I cleaned around my garden beds and got the weed barrier down.  Spent a few days hauling gravel from the front driveway back to the garden.  Looks so much better with the gravel down.  Great triceps workout too! (crazy to see it in this state - everything has grown so well this year and my plants are huge now)
 The kids did the running club at school this year.  They went to school 45 minutes early on Tuesdays and Thursdays for most of the year (lots of rain in Spring, so it got cancelled a lot).  They ran over 26.2 miles total so they got invited to the marathoners breakfast. 

Phew - May was fun, but exhausting. 

No comments: