8/24/18

June

 Oh my goodness, this summer went by so stinking fast.  Granted, it was quite short.  Our district is starting school earlier so we can get out in May!!  We will also match the middle and high school schedules, which is the first time they've done that.  Convenient for me. 
 National Donut day.  Grabbed a donut before school to celebrate.  The only times we eat donuts are national donut day (if I remember) and when uncle Kyle comes to town.  Not that I have anything against donuts, I just never seem to buy them.  My mom used to buy them on occasion when she would do an early morning grocery shop on a Saturday.  It was always such a great surprise to wake up to.  There lies the difference - my mom is an early riser and doesn't mind shopping.  I, on the other hand, do not love mornings and really don't love grocery shopping. :)
 Lots and lots of baseball.  End of the year parties, practices, games, playoffs......  Noah's team won the AAA championship.  It was the most intense game EVER.  We were behind most of the game (which was a rarity this season) and then towards the end we started to catch up.  We were up to bat for the last time and we got within 1 point.  2 outs and bases loaded.  The pitcher threw the ball and the catcher missed so our coach had the 3rd base runner steal home.   He made it!!  It tied the game and then the pitcher overthrew to the catcher (I think?? maybe he was throwing to 3rd to get the 2nd base stealer out?? can't remember) so the guy on 3rd stole home and we won!!!!  It was crazy intense.  Both boys improved this season and had really great teams.  
Noah is obsessed with fire.  He created this 'stove' and cooked some bacon on it.  This obsession makes me so nervous, because everything catches fire here, and he's a typical boy and doesn't really think things threw before he does things.  I have to say no A LOT to his making fire requests. 
 My Ava turned 9!!  Holy cow, time is flying by.  It was field day at school, so it was a fun day at school for her birthday.  
 Hard to get a picture of her holding still, thus the blurry picture.  She had a fun birthday.  She got a big fuzzy bouncy ball (basically a yoga ball in a fluffy cover - the cover has since ripped which is fine since it left a trail of red furies everywhere).  She requested a remote control car, so she got one that flips around and lights up - she was happy with it.  I also got her a fold up piano, but it didn't work, so I sent it back.  
 Birthday breakfast.
 Field day at school. 


 Her cake gave me some issues.  I was making big sugar bowls and it was pretty humid, so they kept melting.  Next time I need to just break down and buy some isomalt. 

 Her cake was a 'Cookies and Milk' cake.  We did chocolate chip and chocolate crinkle cookies.  Half are cookies and half are actually cakes.  The frame, her name and milk bowl are sugar.  She drew the cookies and milk sign. 



 Spanking machine before bed. 
 Enjoying the newly replastered pool.  Looks so much better than before. 

 I thought this picture was so cute and funny.  Big 5th graders taking selfies after graduation. :)
 My big elementary school graduate.  
 After Noah's graduation they had a pizza and ice cream movie party.  Not sure why we even go to school the last week. ;)
 The original carpool gang.  We started carpooling with these families when Noah was in kindergarten.  We had to divide into 2 carpools because of the numbers, but still better than picking up everyday. 
 I had the kids help me with 1 meal each a week during the summer.  Some were more eager than others.  Grant making his favorite snikerdoodle cookies for FHE. 

 Noah's championship game. 
 Finally got the outdoor kitchen usable (still not done as of today :/).  Once the BBQ got put in place we used it a lot.  Christened it with some bacon and pancakes.  
 Grant and Noah rearranged their room one day.  It's so hard for me to relinquish decorating control to my children.  I'm trying!!
 Went to Twilight camp with Grant.  
 It's so funny to see the differences in my boys.  When Noah went he was just happy to be there with his friends and shoot guns and play in the dirt.  Grant is very much like I was as a kid, annoyed when things don't run smoothly and wants to 'help' organize the events and take control (a nicer way of saying we're bossy :) ).  
 For my birthday I took the kids to the cabin (Adam was at scout camp). 
 We went up to Mt. Shasta and found a lake called Castle Lake and then did a hike to another lake called Heart Lake. 



If you look on the log there are tons of salamanders on it.  They kept swimming to the top to catch bugs.  

 We decided to take one last trip to the lake before going to bed, so we took my birthday tart down and were enjoying the lake.  Noah found a rusty piece of metal, that he also was playing with the day before, and started swinging it around when he gashed his hand open.  Mind you, I told him about 50 times to put it down and stop playing with junk he finds on the ground.  Anyway, we ended up having to take him to the ER (of course, it was after all the Instacares were closed).  Luckily, Adam was on him way up from scout camp and met us at the ER.  I took Ava and Grant back to the cabin while Adam and Noah spend 4 hours in the ER.  
 He wasn't thrilled about not being able to swim for 10 days either.  He got to drive the boat the next day, but he still was sad he couldn't jump in the water. I reminded him quite a few times how he should always listen to his mother. :)

 An evening at Folsom with some friends. 


 Adam introducing the boys to SNL: The Lawrence Welk show.  Oh man, they thought it was hilarious.  
 The kids getting creative one Sunday morning.  They thought they really looked like a really tall man. :)
Party at our friends house while Adam was at the cabin for the YW high adventure.  This seemed to be the theme of this summer - Adam off with the youth somewhere, while the kids and I play somewhere else.  At least we are all having fun - just wish it was all together. 

No comments: