10/4/10

Pre School

I'm doing a joy school/ pre school with Noah and 4 other moms. I wasn't excited about it at all (I'm lazy what can I say), but I think it will be a good thing. Our first field trip was to the Folsom Zoo.
Ava was mad until I let her out of the stroller to run around.
It was my turn last week, so we took pictures of the kids and made these cards. I laminated them and gave all the kid a set. We made up some fun games with them.
Remember these?!........Shrinky Dinks. I didn't even know these still existed. We made letters A,B,C and D. The kids colored them and then we watched them shrink in the over. They thought it was awesome.
Some finger painting is always a winner with the kiddos. I know some of you are doing this joy school thing with your kids, so any ideas would be greatly appreciated. We have a field trip planned for every month and lots of parties for the holidays. I think it will be fun for Noah.

2 comments:

Ty * April said...

I did Joy School with Madi and loved it. I didn't focus too much on the ABC's of things but we had a blast. Let me know what you are doing and I will see if I have anything saved under that topic. We enjoyed it so much I am looking for someone to do it next year with Meg.

mommaquincy said...

I loved doing it with all of my kids. My favorite was getting butcher paper and outlining their bodies (they have to lay down and hold still) then have them draw themselves full size.