1/22/11

Quiet Book

Remember [this] project Mary organized? I started my first page yesterday. Man, they are time consuming, but actually really fun. I'm not that great with a sewing machine, so this type of project is doable, thus making it enjoyable. I think now that I've done one page, I can whip them out faster, because I'm learning some short cuts along the way (great reason to make one page, 8 times). I still need some eyes for the whale and a Jonah, but otherwise it's finished. I put snaps on the fish and boat so they can get eaten too.

3 comments:

bethany said...

COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! That will totally appeal to amelia. She loves violent, dog-eat-dog, type of things. She should have a been a boy. Lately she's been greeting people as a shark or tiger.

Mary said...

This is the best zipper page I've seen. You deserve an award. Maybe we should get together to assembly-line through these elaborate ones? Let me know how I can help. You know I'd love to...

-Kyle and Emily- said...

so stinkin cute!! I just found out we got our assignments so I will start this week. Your idea is way cute for the fishing page.