7/31/11

Busy Week

Remember my last post about my mom sending me frozen apricot puree?  Well, now I have 30 pints of nicely canned apricot jam for yummy pumpkin pancakes, peanut butter sandwiches and hot bread.  Now I know why my mom had 7 kids!!  It was to use us as jam stirrers!!

Have some old bell peppers in the fridge?  Cut off the tops and voila, an edible bowl.  Noah walked around with the pepper for a few hours nibbling on it.  

We celebrated Pioneer Day (yeah, I know we live in California and technically don't have Pioneer Day) at a breakfast party with our ward.  

Adam was asked to give a little presentation about pioneers.  He told the story of Shadrach Roundy (his great x7 grandpa), and did a fabulous job, of course. 

Noah playing with his friends by the lake. 

Adam was supposed to take his priests boating last week, and only Christian could make it.  We decided to pick up Aubrey, and join Adam and Christian for a day on the lake. 

Aubrey - second time skiing and she crossed both wakes. 

Ava watching the skiers while having a little snack. 

Christian thinking he's pretty tough and unstoppable on the tube. 

Uh, who's tough now Christian?  :)

Where's Christian?  he he

Still no Christian.  Don't worry he survived.  The crash before this one was even better.  He flipped like 4 times before sinking in the water.  It was awesome - at least for the spectators. 

This is how Grant spent the day on the lake.

Henrie's outgoing mom, Jen, asked Kelli (Adelle's mom) and I if we wanted to do a little summer camp for the kids this summer.  I relented agreed to do it, and I'm glad I did, because Noah's had fun doing this.  For our camp we did Bugs, Butterflies..........and Worms.  On Tuesday we got magnifying glasses and looked at Noah's bug collection, then headed outside to find out own live bugs.  Then we made worm slime, read some bug books, ate a buggy lunch (I froze plastic bugs in ice, ant hills - cool whip with chocolate chips, and some other things), and after the ice melted the bugs we played bug toss with nets.  Thursday we made bug antennas. 

Made firefly jars using glow-in-the-dark paint.  

The favorite thing was the live ladybugs.  I ordered 2000 ladybugs online, and I let the kids release them in my garden.  The kids had fun, and my garden gets to benefit from it.  





 I sent the kids home with a little jar of their own ladybugs.   Jen and Kelli are my friends that I get to go on dates (Girls Night Out) with.  Remember my mother's day present?  Yeah, my husband is pretty amazing.  So, the round off the week, us girls decided we needed to go to the movies.  We left the men and kids at our house to go swimming, while we went to see 17 miracles.  It was a really good, eye-opening movie about the Martin Handcart Company.  Those pioneers were amazing people!
In the midst of all that, we've been to a few doctors for that huge ugly lump on Ava's neck.  It suddenly (like over a couple of hours) appeared a few weeks ago, and so far no one knows what it is.  I've been really worried about it, but it doesn't seem to bother her, so we'll just wait and see what happens.  She has another appointment with an ENT on Thursday. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I come over will you do a summer camp for me..? I would like it to be called "brownies, cookies and swimming." I think I could really learn a lot. Thanks. I can't believe you guys are going to fiji and I was the last to know! cowards! That lump on her neck is slightly terrifying, I hope it's just a vindictive mosquito or something.

The Yoder's Five said...

Yikes, that is a nasty looking bump....

You are such a good mom. Bug camp?! I wish we lived closer so my kids could reap the benefit of your awesomeness.

mommaquincy said...

That looks so much like the hematoma that Sydney was born with. It has been gradually getting smaller over the last year, just like the dr. said it would.